GET THE ProForm Hybrid Trainer FOR $399
- As the name suggests, the Proform Hybrid Trainer’s main selling point is that it’s a hybrid machine: part elliptical part recumbent bike. Not a whole lot of machines on the market right now that are hybrids.
- Affordably priced even at the regular web price.
- Accommodates up to 350 lbs which is quite impressive but read our caveats below
- The pedals are adjustable which makes sense since your feet make contact with the pedals different depending on whether you’re sitting or standing
- The 2012 Black Friday of $399 is mighty enticing but if you see a normal elliptical for $399, we would seriously question its stability and reliability. When you have a machine that acts as an elliptical and a bike for $399, we really have to wonder if it is able to perform effectively in either role never mind both of them
- Though we were impressed with the 350 lbs weight capacity claimed, we would advise against taking this number too seriously. If you look at the warranty period of 5 year frame and 90 days parts and labor, this is a warning signal that this hybrid may not be built to last.
- Shorter users may find the 15” stride length restrictive
- Expect a less than stellar looking console
Although the Proform Hybrid Trainer is unlikely to be acclaimed for its durability and reliability, it does have its place in the elliptical world. That place, unfortunately, is the segment of the market where the buyer is extremely strapped for cash and has no choice but to buy a machine that is likely to be inferior in quality.
Let’s be honest here. If you’re considering the Proform Hybrid Trainer for your home, you should know what you’re getting yourself into. We haven’t seen many Proform ellipticals with as short of a warranty as this hybrid in a while since in recent years, Proform seems to have upped the quality of their products. The hybrid trainer in our opinion, seems to be a slight step backward in the reliability department.
But if you’ve really thought this offer and you have a limited amount of money at your disposal right now, this elliptical/recumbent bike is an acceptable choice. We’ll end our review by saying that if the heaviest user in your household is more than 250 lbs, tread cautiously.
2012/2013 Price Guide
Excellent Deal At $300 / Great Deal At $375 / Good Deal At $475
It’s not often that one gets to come across a fitness machine which offers the benefits of both an elliptical and an exercise bike. However, ProForm, being the pioneers that they are, has managed to provide this to every fitness enthusiast. The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is certainly something to be excited about.
There are exclusive features such as the RPM meter. This allows people to adjust the intensity of their workouts based on their own pace in order to train consistently. Data will be provided on revolutions each minute, allowing a person to identify when they’ll be picking up or slowing down.
Of course, no ProForm trainer is complete without a set of routines for you try out. In fact, it’s got 14 pre-programmed workout routines that will certainly help users achieve their goals of becoming physically fit. Adding to that is the fact that every routine has been designed with the help of an expert fitness trainer.
One can also keep track of their heart rate through the Dual Grip EKG monitor. This device lets users know whether or not they’re in your target range when it comes to their heart rate. This way, they’ll be achieving most efficient results.
For those looking for complete convenience, the transport wheels on the ProForm Hybrid Trainer surely provides that. One can simply transport the machine anywhere they want without much effort. It’s that simple.
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is definitely one of the company’s best products to date. This gives users everything they could ever want in a fitness machine. With ProForm, people know their physical fitness is in good hands.
See the other 61 products